Modern technologies protect companies communication.
Content protection protects contents on their transmission path within computer networks.
The following mechanisms protect, evaluate and filter contents:
- Virus protection - data and programmes affected by viruses
- Content filtering - objectionable or illegal websites
- SPAM protection - unsolicited advertising emails
Digital signatures identify communication partners, systems and services. Integrated systems, smart cards or USB tokens are used.
Transmitted data should be encrypted without fail so that it can neither be tapped or modified. There is a choice between
- Encryption of synchronous communication: online banking, file sharing, mobile access
- Encryption of asynchronous communication: email systems, push mail
Encryption solutions are normally based on a digital signature.